Help Desk IT Support Specialist
ATS a growing network and wireless integration firm with high profile clients such as MLB teams. We are located in central MA and are looking for an Help Desk IT Support Technician. This is a permanent hire role. We are looking for individuals who are looking to grow in the world of IT support and learn from our strong field team. If you to have for love of technology and want to learn more everyday then you will fit in here.
Applicable candidates will have a minimum of some experience in desktop support. You will be working at our office in Lancaster, MA supporting our customers and NOC.
As a Help Desk IT Support Technician, your day-to-day responsibilities will require you to provide phone and remote support to customer's in a dynamic environment. This position will require daily customer interaction and requires a strong communication skills both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate should a 2 years of technical experience in multi-vendor environments supporting Microsoft and Apple platforms. Experience with server, LANs, email systems, enterprise wireless deployments, are a plus but not required. This position will also require pre-sales support to the staff on select pre-sales engagements preparing quotes and documents. Candidates should have the ability to articulate technical tasks verbally and in writing and have the ability to lend a technical perspective to customers in a professional manner. Candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Experience in the following products required:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Desktop support of Microsoft and Apple systems, Linux preferred.
- Backup technologies (Online, Backup Exec, etc.)
- Symantec, Trend Anti-virus
- Software deployment technologies (ghost, repackaging tools, etc.)
Experience in the following products preferred:
- Microsoft server systems, including Windows, Windows Server, Exchange, and Active Directory, Linux preferred
- Switching and Routers (Extreme, Juniper, Cisco, etc.)
- Firewalls (Juniper JUNOS and ScreenOS, Cisco, Sonicwall, etc.)
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting, 2 & 3, VLANS, routing RIP, EIGRP, WAN- frame relay, Internet HDLC, ATM, MPLS, SNMP, HTTP, IPSEC, WIFI a/b/g, etc.)
- Remote access technologies (VPN, dial-up, terminal services, etc.)
- Network Management (What's Up Gold, N-Able, SNMP, etc.)
Additional requirements are:
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to place a 20 pound box on a 5.5 foot high shelf.
- Must be able to work on your feet for 6 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift a 70 pound box or item to the height of a 4 feet.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools without any restrictions.
- Must be able to climb a step ladder up to 16 feet high.
- Must be able to climb an extension ladder up to 40’ high.
- Must be able to walk on a pitched roof.
- Be able to meet the 300 lb weight restrictions of our ladders (including approximately 25 lbs in a tool belt) to comply with OSHA and our Company safety standards.
We prefer you have:
- 4 year Bachelor's degree
- Relevant certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, VCP)
- Experience in customer service